Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting Back in the Saddle

Getting Back in the Saddle
It’s been over a week since I’ve posted on the blog. Last week was really rough and we are still reeling from some family issues that we must discern and deal with correctly. Sometimes when you’ve taken a hit it is easy to veer off the path that God has you walking upon if we aren’t careful.
I’ve felt the gentle nudge to write again and to allow the Holy Spirit to take some of the load of my burden from me. Trying to carry it alone can be unbearable and overwhelming. A Scripture has been ministering to me during this time. Perhaps it will be a blessing to you too. 1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. “KJV I still have my moments of despair…yet His presence lifts my head to experience the joy of the Lord.


  • Casting in this verse means “to throw”. The other day I was talking to my Mother in law and expressed the burden of my heart. It helped as she listened and told me that she loved me and cared. Soon afterward as the Lord brought this verse to me…I envisioned myself throwing my burden at the feet of Jesus. He truly cares with deep concern reaching into my brokenness with a healing balm. The situation in the natural is still the same, but the Word promises….”I am watching over My Word to perform it.” Jeremiah 1:12 Healing can begin even before things change when I know that He’s there.

  • Burdens can sting the heart, place a heavy load on your soul, and distract you from the call and purposes of God. Last week in the midst of pain God separately spoke to John and I through prophetic voice at a conference we attended about a new anointing. Really it was a confirmation of things He already been speaking to us about. My spirit received the word, but at the same time wondered why He didn’t speak to the problem. “Walk on“, I hear the Spirit of God say. “Don’t be distracted and trust Me for the manifestation of your answer.”

No comments: