Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve 2012...Peace by with you.



 If you are a LWF member I  hope you enjoyed reading your first chapter of the New Testament.  I know if it is your first time the begots of the first several verses can be challenging, but if you endured you began the Greatest Story Ever Told.  

Tomorrow brings us into a New Year.  Fiscal Cliffs along with pressures of this world threaten to dampen our enthusiasm for 2013.  Yet as I've prayed about the coming year I feel the Holy Spirit speaking the word Peace.  Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives do I give you, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  John 14:27  Peace doesn't stick it head in the sand, rather it decides to put its trust in Jesus.  God tells us in the Word that He has good plans for us not bad ones.  All around us the voices of the world may shout all of the bad things that have happened or that are yet to happen...God whispers His good plan to us.  

I believe 2013 is a year of restoration and growth.  God has good plans for His children.  Part of growing in the Lord requires exercising trust that He will give us wisdom in the midst of storm.  Growth also comes in blessing as we learn to handle and appreciate the good things God gives us and makes us stewards over.   

Don't fear 2013.  God watches out for you and me.  




No comments: