Friday, January 11, 2008

The Gift of Family can be challenging

Last night reminded me that there are times when the gift of family can be challenging. It is a challenge well worth the time. Family touches who you are, it touches your heart, it hurts like nothing other when there is a problem. I'm aware that some family situations are seemingly idealic while others are hellish. God's design for the family we find in Genesis is to be one of love and protection. The fall brought destruction, but through Christ we are renewed and can walk in the purposes of God. My husband had to remind me of that fact. Teenagers can sometimes be in a place where they think they know all and their parents are somewhere out in outer space. Day by Day I understand my parents better. I understand the joy of children and having placed the love of God in them, I understand the pain of hurtful remarks, and yes of even understanding where I've missed the mark. The voice of the Holy Spirit whispers my name telling me, "Words are important, remember how you felt at this stage in life!" He tells me it is not all about me.....I have a choice in my reaction. The Gift of family takes nourishment, it takes a willingness to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and His Word. Are you in the midst of a painful family situation? You are not alone. Jesus can calm your anxiety, He can help you respond correctly.

No comments: