Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Run for your lives

Tonight John and I were recalling a camping trip when our eldest son was about 5 and our youngest around 3 years old. We were in a cabin that had a nice fire place. John had went to get supplies while I stayed with the boys. All of a sudden Al saw something in the fire that frightened him. He screamed, “Run for your lives” I scooped up Joshua, and Al and I ran for our lives. Turns out the fire had simply crackled and gotten a little big so we weren’t in any danger. Despite the false alarm when ever I think of that moment when in his child’s mind we were in trouble and he acted to protect us it is very precious to me. Daddy was away and so he took the lead. Al has always been a protector. He protected little kids from bullies, he made sure his Grandmothers pills were right, and his teachers always said he was willing to help others anyway he could. I know that now that he has started a family of his own that he would do anything to protect and serve. He is motivated by love. Yes, I’m biased…I think my boys are wonderful. It reminds me of the protection of God. Jesus declared He will never leave or forsake us. He looks out for our interest and He truly knows every danger that seeks to destroy us. Jesus warns us urges us today to come under his protection. Don’t go it alone, seek His face and allow yourself to come under the shelter of His wings. He has made provision for our protection from the storm. Al is 19 and he’s taken a bit of teasing over his frantic call to “Run for your lives” those years ago, but truly God gave him the heart of a protector. You are safe in the arms of God if you choose to come dwell under His protection.

Psalm 91

No comments: